Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day Daddy...

What better reason to make a post than to pay tribute to my example of hard work, great customer service, and believing in yourself...my dad!

I always remember my dad working. Yes, most do, but if he was not home, he was working.  He worked crazy hours and so hard to make sure my mom could stay home with us.  Somehow, he still made sure to make my softball games as a kid.  I'd look up,  see his truck and felt the joy every kid feels knowing your parents are there to cheer you on, but little did I realize him cheering me on was the reason he would miss eating dinner with us.

Daddy worked nights as a security officer,  he'd come home in the morning and sleep a couple of hours, start washing cars,  by the afternoon he would mow yards, then make it home to eat dinner and sleep for a couple of hours before heading to his night shift.  This was his life, so it seemed.  In reality, his family was his life and that is why he worked so hard with these crazy hours. 

As children, most of us do not realize the sacrifices and reasons why our parents do what they do.  It isn't until adulthood that it all makes sense and our appreciation cannot be put into words.  

For me, my dad, not only showed me what he was willing to do to give his family the best life he could, he taught me the core values that I do my best to use with Your Go To Girl on a daily basis, and what my customers appreciate about my business.  Getting the job done with consideration, respect, kindness, honestly, and to the best of my ability.  

I always say, what I do isn't that hard, but it IS thoughtful.  

These values and mindset are what has made Your Go To Girl grow into a successful small business for almost 9 years, with amazing clients, and always being able to know I've done my best for my clients.  

My clients trust me with their pets, homes, credit cards, life events...their lives.  This is because I was fortunate enough to see my dad have the same trust from his clients.  Watching him go above and beyond for his clients and making sure they were always happy with the job he had done.  

When we are kids, our parents do things to embarrass us, but I remember thinking my dad was the one washing other parents' cars and was not always proud of that.  That is one of the very few things I have regrets about.  Instead of being embarrassed, I wish I would have had the wisdom of feeling the pride, love, and admiration my dad so deserved for being a successful entrepreneur.  

Today, I want to say thank you, Daddy.  You have taught and given me the values and drive to have a successful business, but more importantly a happy and loving life.  Happy Father's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment